NOTD: Starburst

Saturday, May 11, 2013


Colorblocking has been hugely trendy for a while, and this is my nail interpretation of it. Above I am wearing Estee Lauder Pure Color Nail Lacquer in Hot Spell (coral), Julep Nail Vernis in Drew (pink) and my Kiss Nail Art Paint striping polish in white. This nail look isn't difficult to pull off. I prefer using the color that will cover most of the nail first--in this case, orange--and applying two coats. If you have trouble getting a straight line, use a q-tip dipped in nail polish remover to erase any unwanted nail polish on the nail bed. After it dries and you're pleased with the results, move on to the next color and apply two coats of it. Then paint a white stripe where the two colors meet. 

I can definitely see myself playing around with this nail look in the future, but probably with different color combinations. I see blue and purple nails in my destiny!

Have a great rest of the weekend everyone! :) 

2 comments:

  1. How is Julep Nail Polish? Is it long lasting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julep formula is ok but I highly suggest pairing it with a topcoat :)

    ReplyDelete

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN . POWERED BY BLOGGER