FOTD: Subtly Smoky

Friday, May 24, 2013

 

It's been rainy and cloudy and gross these past few days in the city. Although I don't consider myself to be much of an outdoorsy person, I do find myself in a better mood when I'm exposed to tons of sunlight. On rainy days like these, I can't help but feel annoyed that I have to a) wear a raincoat, carry an umbrella and walk around in boots in May b) worry about getting splashed by cars at the crosswalk and c) worry about getting hit in the eye by someone's obnoxiously large umbrella. I know, I know. I could have it much worse. After all, I've spent summers in the Philippines when June through August is rainy season and every other day there's some sort of typhoon warning. I have to remind myself that there will be plenty of sunny days ahead and endure the rain for just a little longer.

For today's look, I was inspired by the color of the sky, balanced with neutrals (my fave).



Products I used:

Face: Revlon ColorStay Foundation for Combo/Oily Skin in Medium Beige, By Terry Touch-Expert Concealer in 3

Eyes: E.L.F. Studio Brow Kit, Lorac Behind the Scene Eye Primer, White from the Lorac Pro Palette on the browbone, Slate from the Lorac Pro Palette on the lid slightly past the crease blended well, Naked 24/7 Eyeshadow from Urban Decay on the crease and blended with the brow bone color, Espresso from the Lorac Pro Palette to contour the crease and to line the lower lash line, Urban Decay 24/7 Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner in Demolition on the top lashline, Covergirl Clump Crusher Mascara

Cheeks: Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Blush in Exposed, blended with a clean brush

Lips: MAC Lipstick in Cherish

Side note: I think I might start using Cherish more often! Such a nice nude! 

Enjoy your weekend, everyone! :) 

5 comments:

  1. I really love that you've stepped out of your comfort zone with this one! This look really suits you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! You're so pretty, and this look is amazing on you! :)
    Penny Rose
    http://pinkandpetals.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks so much, Penny Rose! :)

      Delete

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN . POWERED BY BLOGGER