FOTD: Peachy Pinks

Sunday, May 5, 2013


For today's Face of the Day, I intended on doing a look incorporating bright corals. Clearly I ended up going the more subdued route, but that's ok, because let's face it--coral can be SCARY! One day in college I wore it to class but I felt so self-conscious about looking like Ronald McDonald that I didn't last more than a couple of hours wearing it. You know that feeling that when you know that something just isn't you, even though your family and friends and makeup artists tell you it looks great? My advice: listen to yourself first! 

Today's look is 100 percent me :)


Stuff I used:

Skin: Revlon ColorStay Foundation in Medium Beige, By Terry Touch Expert Concealer in 3

Brows: E.L.F. Studio Eyebrow Kit in Medium

Eyes: Lorac Behind the Scenes Primer, Gold Eyeshadow from the Lorac PRO Palette all over the lid up to the brow bone, Champagne Eyeshadow from the Lorac PRO Palette layered on top to soften the gold (beware of fall out and have tape handy!), Taupe shadow from the Lorac PRO Palette to define the crease and line the lower lash line, Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in Chocolate Shimmer Ink, COVERGIRL Clump Crusher Mascara

Cheeks: Buxom Blush in Euphoria (use a light hand and blend blend blend!)

Lips: YSL Rouge Volupte in Tender Peach

2 comments:

  1. I love your makeup so fresh, pretty yet natural looking. I know that feeling of wearing bright lips or anything bright. I'm always a little self-conscious, especially if i'm around people who don't wear the latest makeup trend or fashion. But hey if you love it why not right?! I love corals and pinks. I also think corals are very flattering on asians :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kay! Thanks for your comment :) I think coral looks especially amazing on Asians with more yellow-toned skin. For some reason, my skin tone is actually neutral to cool, so whenever I try to wear coral, not only is it very bright, it's also very warm for my skin.

      Delete

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN . POWERED BY BLOGGER