REVIEW: TheBalm Nude 'Tude

Sunday, April 28, 2013


My latest palette purchase was quite serendipitous. At work, I've been making a habit of briefly calling my friends during my way out of the office to some lunch spot. A phone call is all it takes sometimes to break up the monotony of office work. Anyway, one fine afternoon, I called my friend Makeupwithtea while she was online shopping (you know, the usual with her lol), and she told me about this amazing 50 percent off sale TheBalm was having on their website! (It helps to have fellow beauty addicts as friends, haha). Of course, I asked her to order me something as well, and she obliged. Thanks again, Makeupwithtea! :)

Below is my review of TheBalm Nude 'Tude Palette ($18 sale price, originally $36, thebalm.com).

Description

From their website
"This amazing palette consists of 12 beautiful shadows that make wearing nudes sexy. These satiny smooth colors can be applied naturally, i.e. "let me slip into something more comfortable," or beautifully layered. The wide range gives you light highlighters as well as brazen bold shades that work to ad definition and emphasis to your lids. Nude 'tude allows you to dramatically dress up your eyes--if nothing else!"
Packaging

The palette comes in a cardboard container and has a full length mirror. There is an outer sleeve whose graphic design is identical to the palette cover. I suggest you keep the outer sleeve on when carrying this palette around, just so the palette doesn't accidentally flip open in your purse.



Pigmentation




I was very impressed with the pigmentation of these shadows, especially the mattes. Usually mattes are drier and have fall out, but I don't have any fall out to report. Based on the swatch, I didn't think Sophisticated would be that pretty (I'm really turned off by the gold flecks), but when applied, the gold flecks aren't very noticeable, making the shade easy to wear. My only issue was with Silly. When swatched, Silly didn't have much pigment, and was mostly glitter.

Brief Color Descriptions:

Top Row

Sassy: matte white

Stubborn: shimmery pale pink

Selfish: shimmery taupe

Sophisticated: satin medium brown with thick gold flecks

Sexy: matte eggplant

Serious: matte black

Top Row: Sassy, Stubborn, Selfish, Sophisticated, Sexy, Serious
Bottom Row

Snobby: shimmery pale gold

Stand-offish: shimmery peach

Sultry: satin light brown

Seductive: shimmery yellowish bronze

Silly: dark brown with micro gold flecks

Sleek: matte espresso brown


Snobby, Stand-offish, Sultry, Seductive, Silly, Sleek
Wearability

I think the selection of colors is really great. I can see myself carrying this on a trip and not needing any other eyeshadows. Plus, I'm more of a neutral shadow girl, and this palette definitely delivers, but it also has some options for when I want to go for more dramatic looks.

Below is a natural eye look I created using just the shadows from the Nude 'Tude palette.


Sassy on the browbone, Stand-offish on the lid, Seductive from crease to below
brow bone, Selfish to define crease, Sophisticated as eyeliner on top and lower
lash lines. Blend very carefully! 

Grade

A

Highly recommended! If you love neutral shades, you'll probably love this palette!=

1 comment:

  1. That's a gorgeously well blended look you got there! :D

    ReplyDelete

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN . POWERED BY BLOGGER