Tuesday, April 16, 2013

REVIEW: Lorac Pro Palette


When my obsession with Sephora began during my freshman year of high school, my go-to brands--Stila, Urban Decay and Hard Candy--all had one thing in common: great graphic design. Stila had a very modern, girly yet simple vibe as evidenced by their typewriter-like font and no-fuss recycled paper box packaging. Urban Decay was edgy, young and fun with glittery shadows, clever shadow names and loud purple packaging. And Hard Candy appealed to the girly girls who were a bit too sweet for their own good. These were the people I wanted to be at varying times in high school.

The older I got, and the more I understood my own personality haha, the more I learned to focus on product performance than on product appearance. One of the "quieter" looking must-haves on the market, with its simple black packaging and raved-about pigmentation, is the Lorac Pro Palette which I purchased during Sephora Chic Week. 

Read on for my full review and swatches. 

Description

From the Lorac website:

"Go PRO with the LORAC PRO Palette! Created by celebrity makeup artist Carol Shaw, this PRO artistry palette is packed with 8 Shimmer and 8 Matte Eye Shadows all in the shades you need to create the hottest looks straight from the Red Carpet. LORAC's velvety-smooth shadows are infused with soothing botanicals and are ultra pigmented to perform wet or dry so you can shade, shadow, line and define your eyes, just like a PRO.

"PRO Palette contains 16 Eye Shadows and a Mini Behind the Scenes Eye Primer for stay-true color that lasts, a PRO-must have!"




Packaging 

The palette is a little over 7.5 inches long and 3 inches high. It's made out of cardboard, and has a matte texture similar to that of NARS packaging. The texture is nice to grip, but tends to attract powder marks. 

The primer is housed in a plastic container, and is a miniature version of the full size Behind the Scenes primer. 



Pigmentation 

The shadows were mostly well-pigmented and buttery soft, especially the left to middle part of the palette. The only exceptions were Sable, Espresso and Black, all matte shades on the right side of the palette, which had decent pigmentation but were not as pigmented or soft as the rest of the shades. If you do layer the Sable, Espresso and Black, however, you can easily build up the color. 



The primer dries to a clear matte finish when applied on the eyelids.



Wearability

I think this palette offers a great variety of colors to pull off a whole bunch of looks. When I first heard about this palette, I didn't think it was anything too special because I don't go too much out of my eye makeup comfort zone when it comes to colors. But garnet? deep purple? light pink? These are all just gorgeous shades that have been ingeniously put together in a palette, and they're mostly great quality!

Since I always use primer, my eyeshadow typically lasts me the entire day. No fall out to report :)

Wearing Light Pink all over the lid, White on brow bone, Mauve on crease,
Pewter on Outer Corner, and  Deep Purple to  line top and bottom lash lines. 
Price

$42 at Sephora 

Grade 

B+

I was impressed by most, but not all, of the shades in the palette. The lighter pigmentation of three of the matte shades was a little disappointing, but  the colors are still workable. Overall, this is a solid palette, and I think people starting out with makeup will enjoy the variety and mostly great quality of the shadows! 

2 comments:

  1. the palette is amazing and your make up *_* your blog is very lovely and interesting. im glad if you visit my blog, too <3 keep in touch!

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes of course! :) Thanks so much for reading :)

      Delete