HAUL: E.L.F. Studio

Saturday, April 27, 2013

All products by E.L.F. Studio Collection. From left to right: Angled Blush Brush, Angled Eyeliner Brush, Small Angled Brush, Angled Contour Brush Eyebrow Kit, Blush in Tickeled Pink, Contouring Blush and Bronzing Powder 
Last night my friend and I were wandering around Broadway and Astor Place when we caught a glimpse of the new E.L.F. Studio store! Of course, being the makeup addict I am, I couldn't resist, and we ended up both going in! The store is small but nicely set up. There are products from both the regular E.L.F. line, where the products are only $1 as well as a large selection of products from the E.L.F. Studio line which starts at $3 and up. I don't have too many E.L.F. products except for my trusty brow kit. But with the excellent price point and the fact that my local Target doesn't carry such an extensive selection, I decided to give in!

I'm proud to say that my bill came to less than $22, with EVERY product costing $3! WIN!

Read on for the complete description of the products I snagged.

1) E.L.F. Studio Angled Blush Brush, $3


I have just one angled blush brush in my collection, so I decided to purchase this one as a backup. This brush, just like the other E.L.F. brushes I purchased, is made out of taklon. 

2) E.L.F. Studio Angled Eyeliner Brush, $3


I'm starting to get really interested in bent eyeliner brushes. I've been using one by Laura Mercier, but it's really pricey, so you can imagine how careful I am being with that one. I find that bent eyeliner brushes are more comfortable to use than angled brushes, but I still prefer angled brushes for that perfect angled cat eye. 

3) E.L.F. Studio Small Angled Brush, $3


Backup again! When I go through my cream liner phase, I end up getting crusty, hardened eyeliner brushes! EW. This should come in handy when I don't have time to clean my brushes.

 4) E.L.F. Studio Angled Contour Brush, $3


I swear by contour brushes as all-over shadow brushes! I dislike flat eyeshadow brushes to apply shadow because the eye area is typically not flat. I much prefer contour brushes because they go with the curved shape of the eye. Hoping this one can do the job for me!

5) E.L.F. Studio Contouring Blush and Bronzer, $3

 

NARS Addicts will know this is a dupe for the Blush-Bronzer Duo with the ever-popular Orgasm and Laguna shades.I decided to pick this up to find out if that's true! Also, I've never tried a blush from E.L.F., and I'm super curious. 

6) E.L.F. Studio Blush in Tickled Pink, $3

 

Another blush I am interested in trying from E.L.F.. The color seems pretty fool-proof, but let's see how the swatches turn out! 


7) E.L.F. Studio Eyebrow Kit, $3

  

Last, but not least, my favorite eyebrow kit ever! Clearly, I like to stock up on stuff. This is a dupe of the Benefit Brow Zing kit, which is quite pricey at $30. I much prefer this because 1) cheaper, duh, 2) long-wearing formula 3) gel formula is much easier to blend than wax, which gets sticky 4) Benefit Brow Zing gets sooo freaking messy! 

Stay tuned for reviews and swatches! 

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You bought a lot! :D
    I'm also interested in the brow kit and the contouring blush and bronzer. I'd definitely check out your review on these. :)

    ReplyDelete

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN . POWERED BY BLOGGER