REVIEW and Swatches: Maybelline Color Tattoos Part 2--Inked in Pink and Electric Blue

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Maybelline Color Tattoo Metal in Inked in Pink and Electric Blue
You can never have too many cream eyeshadows--especially if you are prone to getting eye infections or colds/flus in general. Seriously. Many a cream eyeshadow have I tossed in the trash (during my cream eyeshadow phase) because I happened to have an eye infection (thank you contact lenses for weakening my eyes!) or a cold/flu while using them. As the doctors tell you, toss out the eye makeup you've used while sick--especially creams, liquids and mascaras--or don't wear any at all because your eyes need the rest, and you risk getting yourself sick AGAIN by contamination. Well doctor--sometimes I don't realize I'm sick and I've just opened, let's say, a Bobbi Brown cream liner which is quite pricey. Should I really toss it out after I recover? What?. . .Really?. . .NOOOOO.

Anyways, what I love about the Color Tattoo line from Maybelline is the fact that you really do get the most bang for your buck. The quality is definitely there and they are very pigmented. And if I must throw out one of their cream shadows, it won't make me start weeping at the price point. It's affordable, and one pot will last you forever!

Since I've been been recovering from another cold (UGH), I've been staying away from the cream shadows I'd normally wear. I'm so glad I finally got a chance to snag two more shades--Inked in Pink and Electric Blue--from the Maybelline Color Tattoo Metal Spring Collection just for this reason. Here's to starting fresh and not using contaminated makeup!

Description

Inked in Pink is a frosted, warm seashell pink that reminds me a lot of NARS Single Eyeshadow in Nepal, except this shade is darker and metallic.



Electric Blue is a metallic navy.


Pigmentation

Both had good pigmentation when swatched. When blended out, Inked in Pink looked mostly the same, except lighter.

When blended out, Electric Blue appeared significantly lighter and more shimmery.




Wearability

Applied on the eyelids, Electric Blue was difficult to apply evenly. After 12 hours of wear, there was some slight fading.

Inked in Pink lasted me all day without primer, and was easy to apply.

Price

I bought these for about $10 each at Duane Reade. Not complaining about the price!

Grade

A+ for Inked in Pink for scoring high in all categories.

C for Electric Blue--I just can't get over how uneven it is to apply!

Check out my review of other Color Tattoo Shades by clicking here

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN . POWERED BY BLOGGER