REVIEW: Estee Lauder Pure Color Lipstick in Fuchsia Fever

Monday, March 25, 2013

 

I used to hate my thick, lightly-pigmented lips. They were just globs of pale flesh protruding from my face, ungracefully breaking up the monotony of my mostly flat features. I didn't know what to do, so I did nothing at all. No lip color. And that was the worst thing.

Add to that, during my high school years, kohl-rimmed eyes and glossy lips were the looks of the moment. Black liner definitely didn't do much for my small eyes, and the clear gloss seemed to emphasize the feature I was trying to hide. 

Somewhere along the line, I realized that lipstick could be my friend--like that one time I joined a Filipino event and wore lip color for once. When I saw the pictures after the event, I was so surprised my lips managed to look decent for once. Slowly, I started wearing lip color more often and started to learn that I could transform my lips from ugly to sensual in seconds! 

Case in point: the bold lip, which gives my lips the definition it needs and the attention it deserves.

For this review, I will be discussing a gorgeous lip color called Estee Lauder Pure Color Lipstick in Fuchsia Fever ($25, Macy's).

Description

Fuchsia Fever is a dark purply pink.


Packaging

It comes in a gold lipstick container with a mirrored cap. The bottom of the lipstick displays a fairly accurate representation of the color inside the tube. 

Pigmentation

This lipstick is very pigmented, and opaque in one swatch. It also leaves the lips with a stain, so even after eating and drinking, you will still see some of the intense color on your lips. 

Left: a swatch of Fuchsia Fever. Right: A blended away swatch of
Fuchsia Fever. I tried to rub it off my skin as hard as I could. 


Wearability

This lip color is very creamy and easy to apply. It feels hydrating. Aside from the staining (which is a pro/con depending on what you like), this is a low-maintenance lipstick. You just apply and go, and don't have to worry about it fading away in a couple of hours. This lasted about five hours on me. After the five hours, I noticed significant fading on my top lip (since I started eating/drinking). However, because the lip color leaves a stain, my bottom lip still looked completely covered.

Grade

A+

This lipstick had excellent pigmentation, wear-time and hydration. If you love bold lip colors, this is a great alternative to your traditional red or hot pink lipstick. 

1 comment:

  1. That looks so pretty on you! Can't wait to see you wear that! Looks great for spring! :D

    ReplyDelete

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN . POWERED BY BLOGGER