HAUL: The Face Shop

Saturday, March 16, 2013


On Thursday I visited The Face Shop in Korea Town on 32nd Street. For those of you who aren't familiar with The Face Shop, it's an extremely popular Korean skin care/cosmetics brand with some stores in the US. Their K-Town location is really tiny (they share the space with a bookstore), so it's easy to miss unless you look very carefully. Luckily, they always have in stock some of my favorite products from their brand!

The stuff I bought:

1) Herb Day Cleansing Wipes, $3 for 20

These are my favorite cleansing wipes! They remove all my makeup in a cinch, they smell light and clean, and they're easy to carry while traveling. During my last flight to the Philippines, I put these in my purse. They're great for refreshing your skin and/or removing your makeup when you don't want to lug around a liquid cleanser. These come in handy mid-flight when the line to the bathroom is too long. Just use one of the wipes to freshen up your face, and you've just saved yourself a trip to the cramped bathroom!


2) Essential Mask Sheet in Pearl, $2

The Face Shop masks usually come in packets like these, at about $2-$5 a pop. Inside the packet, there's a papery, drenched mask you put on your face with cut-outs for your eyes, nose and lips. I have never tried this particular mask before, but I decided to buy it because it said it would make my skin glow.


3) Tayila False Lashes, $4 each

These lashes were pricier than lashes I've bought at other Asian stores. They're not part of The Face Shop brand, but they were sold in the store. I haven't worn false lashes in a long time, but for blogging/vanity purposes, I will be starting the false-lash-wearing cycle once again :)


4) Nail Trimmer, $3

At the Face Shop I was stunned at their whole little wall of makeup tools that I didn't know I wanted. I'm going to be using these to trim my occasionally wild eyebrows.


5) Eyebrow Shaver$3

These are the first eyebrow shavers I've ever bought. I own tweezers, but they're kinda painful to use. I also know how to thread my eyebrows, but I'm not an expert yet. I'm going to test these out hoping they'll give my eyebrows the arches I've been coveting. 

 

6) Arsainte Eco-Therapy The Golden Ring Serum, free!

On most of my trips to The Face Shop (in the US and the Philippines), I've been given some samples at the register. I absolutely adore that part of each trip. Who doesn't like free stuff??? Plus, it's a great way to get introduced to new products. The lady at the counter gave me three of these for free. No clue what it's supposed to do, but I will find out soon enough.


For those of you lucky to be near a Face Shop, it's definitely worth checking out. There's a bit of something for everyone there--nail polishes starting at $2, skinc are for guys, a mask for every skin type and BB Creams (for fair-to medium skin tones). If you'd like to know more about the brand, they have an English website here, along with store locators. 

Thanks for reading, and stay tuned for reviews! 

1 comment:

  1. Pretty cool stuff! I can't wait to see you use them! Especially the falsies! :D

    ReplyDelete

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN . POWERED BY BLOGGER