EMPTIES: March Stuff

Sunday, March 17, 2013


Many makeup junkies can relate: at the peak of your makeup obsession, you start to realize that you aren't actually using a good portion of the products you buy. They just end up piling up in your room, overflowing from your vanity. Next thing you know, you find random lipsticks in your pockets. You start walking to work/school, and hear faint sounds of eyeshadow brushes and cream shadows falling out of your purse and hitting the floor. You would stop to pick them up, but you don't, because that's embarrassing. Then you go to a beauty store, and buy more stuff to replenish what you dropped on the floor. You feel like you're in a fun race to acquire--and you're good at it. But as time goes by, one sparkly purple eye shadow doesn't suffice. You need 20--in varying finishes, from different brands. Inside you know the truth: just more stuff to fill up the void in your soul.

Ok--sorry for getting kinda strange there--anyways. I try to keep the growth of my makeup collection under control, specifically with lipsticks and eye shadows. I simply have too many shadows and lip colors to keep up with, so I avoid making any new purchases unless it is a refill of something I absolutely love.

This month, I'm getting down to my last drops/swipes of the following products:

1) Caudalie Divine Oil, $48

I got this at work, and yes, I did lose the cap. I've been using Caudalie Divine Oil every day for a month, and it is amazing beyond amazing. I can be really lazy when it comes to moisturizing. I usually take showers at night, because my bed is my temple, and I just can't bear to fill my bed with the germs that have latched onto me earlier in the day. People think it's weird. I think they're weird. What's new?

Moving on . . . After my shower, all I want to do is pass out on my bed, but I don't, because I have a skin care routine. Adding the application of this dry oil makes staying awake for an extra couple of minutes so worth it! I just spray my arms and legs a few times, and quickly rub the oil into my skin. It absorbs quickly, smells great, and my skin feels so smooth, silky, and dare I say it?--SEXY! Applying body butters and other body moisturizers just don't have the same effect on me. BONUS: I also spray a bit onto my hands, and massage it into my face. No breakouts to report! I'm a happy girl.


2) Revlon ColorStay Foundation for Combination/Oily Skin in Medium Beige, $10

I've been using this brand of foundation since high school. I haven't found a reason to stray yet! The coverage is buildable, and the foundation makes my skin look its best. I also sometimes layer it on as a concealer. It  does a great job of not making my face greasy (I've tried foundations that make my skin produce more oil-EW). And you can't beat the price point! I'm so glad my favorite foundation isn't $60, because if it was, I would be sooo broke. My only qualms about this product are: it has low SPF, and there's no pump. 

I promise you this is empty.

3) Murad Oil Control Mattifier with SPF 15, $39.50

I use this mattifier every time I wear foundation. For only-skinned gals, it's a must-have! I like this product because it keeps my skin matte for about 4 hours. That might not seem like a long period of time, but if you compare this product to other products claiming to keep skin matte, Murad outperforms by at least a couple of hours! So I'll take what I can get. The product may seem a bit pricey, but it'll last you a while because you only need a nickel-sized portion to cover your entire face, and it multi-tasks! It also works as a primer, and offers sun protection.


4) NARS Pure Matte Lipstick in Montego Bay, $26

I've never used up a lipstick as quickly as I used up this one! Maybe it's because of the reapplications required, or maybe there just wasn't a lot of lipstick inside? Either way, this is a product I'm happy to repurchase (and won't feel guilty about) because the lip color is so spot-on with my own coloring--lightly tanned skin, brown eyes and dark brown hair. It's the only nude lip color I've been wearing for months! For a while, I was really obsessed with MAC Kinda Sexy lipstick, but it was drying. I much prefer the NARS Pure Matte formula because, while not super moisturizing, the formula isn't drying either. There's almond oil in it, but it doesn't make a huge difference in hydrating my lips. The lipstick kinda just sits on the surface of my lips. For people who are interested in the Pure Matte line, I suggest you exfoliate your lips before trying out the lip color. This product will NOT conceal the flakes! 


Overall, I'm quite pleased to have actually used up products. Less guilt about consumption! Less guilt! 

Thanks for reading.

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN . POWERED BY BLOGGER