REVIEW and Swatches: Maybelline Color Tattoos Part 1--Barely Branded and Silver Strike

Monday, February 18, 2013

My newest Color Tattoos--Barely Branded (left) and Silver Strike (right)
I'm definitely more of a powder eyeshadow kind of girl. Simple to use, traditional, you know the deal. As an oily-skinned person, I've tended to avoid cream shadows because they tend to crease or disappear on my eyelids very quickly. Even with a primer, I'm always a bit scared that my cream eye makeup will look sloppy at the end of the day.

Fortunately, the Maybelline Color Tattoos don't instill that kind of fear in me! Of the two shades I have--Tough as Taupe and Pomegranate Punk--my experiences have been nothing but positive. So naturally, when I found out Maybelline was coming out with new spring colors, I was super excited.

For those of you who are Color Tattoo fans, you'll know that the new spring shades are pretty hard to find. For this review, I'm going to be focusing on two of the line's newest shades that I snagged--Barely Branded and Silver Strike ($6 each, Target).

Description

Barely Branded is a very pale frosted champagne.



Silver Strike is a shimmery silver.




Pigmentation

Both shades, as evidenced by the swatches below, were highly pigmented. My only qualm is the fact that Barely Branded looks quite sheer on my NW23 complexion when blended out--which may be good or bad depending on your taste. It is definitely a neutral that would work on very pale complexions.



Wearability

Like many of their Color Tattoo predecessors, these applied like a dream and lasted all day without creasing. I'm always scared of leaving the house without primer, but for review purposes, I used them as shadow bases, and they worked wonderfully (phew)! 

Grade

Barely Branded and Silver Strike both get an A+. Can't wait to try the other colors (if I find them :P).

Have you tried any Color Tattoos from the spring collection? Would love to know your thoughts!


DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN . POWERED BY BLOGGER