New Year's Beauty Resolutions

Friday, January 25, 2013

New Year's Beauty Resolutions
Sephora Professionel Purifying Brush Shampoo, Neutrogena On-the-Spot Acne Treatment, Fiji Water, YSL Rouge Pur Couture in Rouge Flamme, Indie Lee Squalane Facial Oil
                                                                                                                               
Even the best of beauty addicts have some some habits they need to break. Below are some things I will be working on:

I resolve to:


1. Clean my brushes and makeup regularly. It creeps me out to think there's bacteria everywhere, even though most bacteria is actually harmless. Nevertheless, I still think it's an admirable quality to clean. This year I really want to get into a schedule of sanitizing my makeup and brushes. Typically I'll only clean something if it's fallen on the floor, but this year I want to do the cleaning process at least every 2 weeks. This is how I normally clean my brushes.

2. Not skip moisturizer at night. Oily-skinned gals like me should actually wear moisturizer to balance our skin so that our skin doesn't produce more oil throughout the day. Easier said than done, I know. This winter, I am going to try to reintroduce moisturizer into my skin regimen. My favorite, when I do remember to use it, is Indie Lee Squalane Facial Oil. Just a few drops is all you need, and it sinks in quickly.

3. Actually use my makeup. My makeup obsession often involves me buying new products before I even finish using my other ones. I have many lipsticks and eye shadows that I can't bear to throw out or give away because of some ridiculous sentimental reasons. This year, I'm going to try to keep the trash bin a bit closer to my vanity. Or maybe create some really great art with it?

4. Resist the urge to pop. Unfortunately, I still get zits, even though I'm in my mid 20's. Some days I don't have the patience to wait it out, so I go ahead and literally take matters into my hands. It's an awkward, painful, unattractive healing process. So my resolution is to deal with this urge by sticking to my acne-fighting stand-by--Neutrogena On the Spot Acne Treatment.

5. Drink more water. I love sugary drinks, sometimes more than sugary foods. Offer me a smoothie or shake with the weirdest combination of fruits but a ton of sugar, and I'm in! But having read some articles about the effect of refined sugar on the aging process, I'm getting fearful about my diet. I should be substituting nature's solvent for all my beverages as soon as possible.

What are some of your beauty resolutions?

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN . POWERED BY BLOGGER