Even the best of beauty addicts have some some habits they need to break. Below are some things I will be working on:
1. Clean my brushes and makeup regularly. It creeps me out to think there's bacteria everywhere, even though most bacteria is actually harmless. Nevertheless, I still think it's an admirable quality to clean. This year I really want to get into a schedule of sanitizing my makeup and brushes. Typically I'll only clean something if it's fallen on the floor, but this year I want to do the cleaning process at least every 2 weeks. This is how I normally clean my brushes.
2. Not skip moisturizer at night. Oily-skinned gals like me should actually wear moisturizer to balance our skin so that our skin doesn't produce more oil throughout the day. Easier said than done, I know. This winter, I am going to try to reintroduce moisturizer into my skin regimen. My favorite, when I do remember to use it, is Indie Lee Squalane Facial Oil. Just a few drops is all you need, and it sinks in quickly.
3. Actually use my makeup. My makeup obsession often involves me buying new products before I even finish using my other ones. I have many lipsticks and eye shadows that I can't bear to throw out or give away because of some ridiculous sentimental reasons. This year, I'm going to try to keep the trash bin a bit closer to my vanity. Or maybe create some really great art with it?
4. Resist the urge to pop. Unfortunately, I still get zits, even though I'm in my mid 20's. Some days I don't have the patience to wait it out, so I go ahead and literally take matters into my hands. It's an awkward, painful, unattractive healing process. So my resolution is to deal with this urge by sticking to my acne-fighting stand-by--Neutrogena On the Spot Acne Treatment.
5. Drink more water. I love sugary drinks, sometimes more than sugary foods. Offer me a smoothie or shake with the weirdest combination of fruits but a ton of sugar, and I'm in! But having read some articles about the effect of refined sugar on the aging process, I'm getting fearful about my diet. I should be substituting nature's solvent for all my beverages as soon as possible.
What are some of your beauty resolutions?